My life and times in Corporate America

My dealings with life at a corporate job straight out of college and fooling my employers into thinking I'm really smart. Rantings about my co-workers, work, and life in general.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Tim the CPA guy

I have been spending all weekend parked in front of my computer listening to CD-ROM lectures for my CPA review course. It involves a guy filmed in some cheesy studio reading from the review book and telling me what to highlight. I can’t say that I’m really benefiting from it. All I am really thinking about is that the fabric backdrop behind the course instructor needs to be ironed and that he should really get that mole on his forehead looked at. But I feel like we’re buddies now. I’ve been listening to him talk for a good 10 hours total over the past few weeks, which is much longer then I usually listen to most men. He tries to make little accounting jokes, which all fail miserably. But I applaud his effort.


1 Comments:

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Adam said...

We had to watch a similarly cheesy video in my Military History class. It was of a guy in the army sometime in the mid eighties, where there were no wars to fight. He has a combover from hell and, from what I hear, he got put in prison for trafficing weapons. Apparently, in his free time, he would freelance himself as a military man to African war lords...interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home