My life and times in Corporate America

My dealings with life at a corporate job straight out of college and fooling my employers into thinking I'm really smart. Rantings about my co-workers, work, and life in general.

Friday, October 22, 2004

Congradulations, you're our 500th customer!!

Corporatesuzie is proud to announce that her blog has reached the coveted status of having been visited 500 times! (Note blog counter at the bottom of the page) Oh my gosh, this is so exciting… Wow, this is so unexpected.. um, I’d like to thank my family, who unfortunately read this blog often and ask me too many questions about it. I’d also like to thank my company’s computer, even after the harsh words I’ve exchanged with it’s spell-checker (damn red, squiggly lines!). And I’d of course like to thank my Fortune 500 company employer, for giving me all the inane tasks that give me material for this blog and for having faith in me and for consistently praising me for doing nothing whatsoever. Also thank you to my rather odd co-workers, without whom corporatesuzie wouldn’t be so riled up.

And now on to the real heros.. thank you to all my loyal readers! Well, hopefully I do in fact have loyal readers. For all I know, that blog counter could have just reached 500 based on me loading and reloading my own blog to make sure my post is in the right place and admiring my own grasp of technology.

And as a special thanks, I’d like to thank the visitor who nudged me over the edge with their visit. According to my stat counter, at 9:14:19 PM Pacific Time on Thursday, October 21st, the following person became the 500th person to visit my blog!

dyn-160-39-221-121.dyn.columbia.edu

Hmm.. who’s that? I’ve seen this IP address a lot, and at first I thought it was my sister who’s at Columbia Law school.. but there’s another address that’s for her law school that’s different than this one. When I look at the location of this person, they appear to be from a place called Sammamish, Washington, which sounds like the sort of place you have Big Foot sightings. So, whoever you are (no really, who are you?) thanks for tipping the scales! Your prize is a lifetime subscription to the fascinating life of corporatesuzie.

After doing a little research, this is quite an achievement for a rookie blogger like me. After hitting the “next blog” button a few times, I found that no other blog (in my highly scientific sampling of 3 other blogs that actually are dorky enough to have counters) have 500 hits! That’s right.. there’s one about a girl in a wheelchair who collects turtles and she only has 109 hits… haha! What a loser! Yeeeees! I beat the girl in a wheelchair!!! Who’s up for a party?!

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home